Saturday, January 25, 2014

243 - Boo. I'm sick.

That's all... just me being sick. I'm taking some TheraFlu and it's helping but you know how it is, by nighttime you just feel whooped.

Still fighting with Overstock about the camera. I've gone up two levels to management and I think we've found a compromise. At first they offered to refund $40, then maybe $40 an a $20 Club O membership. Then the next person offered me $50 and said the difference between the two camera bodies was $75 so I would only owe $25... and she basically said $75 was too much of a difference for them to just do a swap, to which I replied... a moment ago I was getting $40 and a free Club O membership, that's $60 and you're telling me $75 is too much? The manager told me that I will have to send everything back, not just the camera body, but she will see if they can find or create the other camera model with a bundle that is the same with no additional cost.

I guess the thing that angers me is that I made my purchase based on the pictures they showed on their website. I don't care whether the model number matches the pictures, I go by what I see advertised and shouldn't have to verify the accuracy of their ad before I make a purchase. All they have to do is make it right. Making it right is not offering me $50, making it right is getting me the camera I thought I purchased in the first place or at least refunding the difference between the two. If I can't trust them to deliver what I ordered, I simply won't buy from them again. So we'll see. She's supposed to call me when she gets it sorted out, but I wasted a week waiting on the first level to call me back. Have I mentioned how exhausting it is to have to constantly fight to make people do the right thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!