Friday, November 25, 2011

0006 - The arrival

Yesterday was a happy Thanksgiving indeed - our RV is here!

I was a little nervous because I hadn't actually been inside that particular model, I'd been in one that was very similar, but not a Cedar Creek... I have to say - we made the right choice. When I was looking at houses to buy, I walked in the door of my current home and knew right away that I liked it, it was bright and airy and felt like home. I felt the same way when I walked into our fifth wheel. Our fifth wheel is AWESOME (both in the emotion it invokes and in size - that sucker's huge), and it just felt right. I can't wait for Mike to see it in person.

I was able to bring some of the RV stuff we've been accumulating and at least get it inside and sort of put away... while there was power to the slides, the lights didn't come on, so either I don't know what I'm doing - which is entirely possible - or I have to be connected to a power source to run the lights at this point. I'm planning to stop by again today while it's light outside and do a better job. I still have a lot of space at this point, but not everything we're planning to bring is in there yet, so we'll see how it all shakes out.

Anyway... the living room is huge, it's probably close to the size of our living room now. Not 1:1, but it's similar in size to the sitting area that we actually use. The kitchen feels separate because of the way the countertops wrap around, but it also feels fairly large because off to the side is another counter I can pull out to use when I'm cooking. Oddly enough, we may have more counter space in the fifth wheel than we do at home. No joke.

Bedroom is also roomy. Because the bathroom is a completely separate room and the adjoining wall is solid, it feel more spacious even with a king sized bed. And speaking of, the bathroom feels larger than the one in my 80's style home where everything is all crammed in together. I was disappointed that there was no tub... I thought the shower base had a tall ledge that would allow me to take a shallow bath, but that's not the case. Oh well. I wasn't going to take a lot of baths anyway, I knew that going into it. I just really love baths, so that's my one sacrifice.

All in all it is a very well designed space. Lots of storage inside, brand names everywhere (Serta, Lazyboy, Amana), lots of windows. I'm very, very happy.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is coming together nicely! Probably because it's you and not me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!