Tuesday, November 29, 2011

0008 - Alba

This has nothing to do with RV's, but hell, this blog is about life, it'll just have an RV bent to it for the next year or two. I'm kind of a random thought kinda gal and I just go with it. :)

Mike, Mikey and I are going to Scotland in a couple of weeks. This will be my third trip, and their first. I told our driver, Craig, that the route is up to him this time around; I usually plan most of it and he gets to squeeze in a couple of cool surprises here and there, so I can't wait to see what he has in store for us. It'll be nice to see him again too, he's a cool guy and traveling with him is always fun. I figure I've seen most everything I know to see, I have a few spots I am adamant about revisiting, but this trip will be mostly about me spending time with Mike and seeing Scotland through his eyes, and Mikey's. I think they're going to love it. How can they not? Scotland is amazing.

Part of the reason I fell in love with Tennessee is that parts of it remind me very much of Scotland - and not 'just' Scotland - but Birnam/Dunkeld, my favorite places in all of Scotland (have I said Scotland enough? Scotland, Scotland, Scotland, I love Scotland - Alba go bragh!). Some people like beaches. Some people like snowy mountaintops. I am a mountain, woods and lake person. I love the sound of water trickling over rocks, the wind in the trees, raindrops falling softly on a tin roof, the muffled sounds of a cold day, the crackle of wood in a warm fire - and I would be remiss if I didn't add -the howling of wolves. That's where I feel most at home. That kind of atmosphere energizes and rejuvenates me.

Speaking of TN (sort of), they were able to do our soil test today, and it was good news, the soil perked, so we could build a 3 BR / 2 BA house on the property... which we're not planning to do, but it increases the value of our land if we ever decide to sell. For us it means we can put in septic for CiCi to hook up to when we're home. Our realtor, Lindsey, ordered the appraisal and title search this afternoon, and once those come back, we can close on the property and it will be ours. It's exciting to think that when we go to TN in January, we will be going to 'our place'. It's a bit surreal actually. We've been talking about this for years... when we were just friends we daydreamed about having land, when we became involved we began to work toward making it happen.

Everything finally seems to be falling into place. We have CiCi, our truck will be here early next week. The land is almost ours... We can't wait until April... but for now, December is a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!