Monday, January 16, 2012

0013 - Scotland pics

Unfortunately all the pics posted from the bottom up, so that's how you have to read the blog for it to make sense... just think of it as a series of emails and it's not so hard. :) I took over a thousand pics... it's hard to reduce the trip down to just a handful, but I don't have time to sort through them all at the moment, so these are what I consider to be the absolute highlights.


Scene on the pulpit at St. Giles


My new favorite window at St. Giles


Holyrood Palace


I see dead people. The Necropolis in Glasgow... I could stay all day...


Hmmm... how come image number 665 looks slightly evil?


Glasgow Cathedral


Auchentoshan Distillery tour. Awesome guide, awesome tour, awesome whisky... if you like that sort of thing. Actually, I found a whisky that doesn't make my butt clench. It's called Bruador and it tastes like liquified honey. Seriously. Getchoo some.


Ghosts at St. Conan's Kirk!!! It was so cold and humid that when I breathed out and used a flash I got this cool effect.


For perspective. It's gargantuan. And the sycamore is even bigger. (sorry, I'm a sycamore girl... go team sycamore)


The Birnam Oak... 500 years old. Famous because of Shakespeare's MacBeth (witches in the Birnam Woods) and because it's the oldest tree in Scotland (possibly the UK).


The Whomping Willow?!?!? Really it's a 300 year old sycamore in the Birnam woods, and it's next to...


Atholl Arms Hotel (far left) across the river Tay.


Dunkeld Cathedral in the snow.


A few days before we arrived there was a windstorm in Scotland... 160 mph winds... knocked over quite a few trees in the Birnam Woods. This is one of the rootballs. For perspective, Mikey is about 5' or so.


I TOLD you I was the Queen High Mistress of the Universe. And now I have a picture of me sitting on a throne (non-porcelain) to prove it. ;p



Me shooting the Wallace Monument with a cannon at Stirling Castle. They wanted me to do it, otherwise they wouldn't have pointed it there.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!