Friday, September 28, 2012

0085 - Cabin Fever

My ear still hurts, so I stayed in today... not that I leave the house much to explore anyway. I slept until around 11:30 so I felt like I wasted most of the day, but I got up and cooked lunch and spent some time with the cats. The little ones were driving me crazy. The only way to cook is to let them explore the pantry... they're happy, I'm happy. I like them best when they sleep. They really are very affectionate and cute, and Trouble isn't too bad... Cuddles is the one that gets into everything. Kittens... After cooking, there are dishes to do... yea. I love cooking, I don't necessarily mind dishes, but I don't always like to do them. To that end, I emptied the dishwasher so I could at least put the plates in there.

I decided to start painting. I picked the most difficult wall to start with, but not on purpose. I thought I was choosing the wall with the least surface area, but I didn't think about what the doors meant in terms of detail work, and I failed to notice that it was one of the taller walls, which made it harder to reach the ceiling. I got it done though. It looks pretty good. I'm not a big fan of purple anymore, not since I lived with a purple room for several years (thank you Prince...). I liked it at the time, but my tastes have changed since then. Laura, however, loves purple. If purple was a person, she'd marry it. So it's perfect for her, and it's her house. She's happy, so I feel good about it. :)

I even tackled one of the long walls later on, the one where the bed is. I wanted to see what it would do for the room, and it's not like I had anything else to do... trash was done, cats were fed, dinner was eaten... I caught up on my blob subscriptions last night. I know the blog thing doesn't sound life altering, but I was up to 750 unread emails and now I have none - and no, I didn't do that all last night, last night was just the culmination of it. Anyway, it makes the room look more cozy... a DEFINITE improvement from the white walls for sure.

Other than that... data entry... and daydreaming about the house in TN. I haven't heard back from the mortgage broker yet. I keep looking at it and I still like it a lot. Ideally we would have a home set back from the road, and surrounded by trees so that it wasn't visible from the road, but this is one of those quaint towns with the old-fashioned houses that aren't necessarily right on the road, but they aren't too far from it. Since it's not our permanent home, it doesn't bother me. It fits with the town.

Mike is still in New Mexico. It sounds like he is working another long day again. We haven't been able to talk much, he still can't make calls, but we IM and he was able to call me from his computer. Hopefully he'll be home this weekend.

Is it weird that this sounds tasty to me? http://www.thekitchn.com/african-peanut-stew-recipes-from-the-kitchn-175978 I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow so I'm browsing through recipes and deciding what next week holds. I found a recipe for roasted okra... which I hesitate to call a recipe BUT it's an interesting concept. I've never had roasted okra and I figure it cuts down on the gooeyness and probably intensifies the already slightly smoked flavor of it. I know roasted broccoli is definitely tasty, in fact Mike says after having it roasted, he doesn't really want it any other way. So I figure what the hell... we'll try roasted okra, too.

It's midnight, and I should be sleeping, but it's not like I have to get up at a certain time... but now I'm bored. It feels like I've been busy all day... and now that I should relax, I feel like I'm lacking something to do... Oh well. Guess I'll find something to interest me on the web, job hunting or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!