Tuesday, October 30, 2012

0093 - Mountain Road, Take Me Home

We're leaving for Tennessee via Florida tomorrow morning. It's going to be a long trip, made even longer by the fact that both of us are a bit under the weather, coughing, with maybe a little bit of a fever. But it's good, I got some generic Mucinex and it's helping. And we get our house back, and we get to spend a little time in Tennesee. We should also be able to look at houses while we're there, which I'm really, really excited about.

We're planning to go for about twelve hours tomorrow. It's easier without the RV, we can drive for longer periods of time, move faster. Then that leaves about 5-6 hours the next day. We get to use our "free stays" for the first time, and I've already got three sites reserved for us. That makes it nice, saves us money.

We need to figure out where we'll be taking the RV from there... whether we should find a spot near the main office in Dallas, or take it on the road as Mike goes. Hell, we may just park in TN if he's going to be out east like he was this time around. It's all up in the air. I just want to be able to see him more than once every three weeks, but even that is better than three months at a time.

Anyway, it's bittersweet. I've kind of gotten used to seeing Brian's grumpy arse in the mornings. He's been a good roommate and guinea pig for my cooking experiments. And he was wonderful for taking us in, it really saved us. He probably won't read this, but it needed to be said, and I will tell him too... he just doesn't take thank you's so well. We have that in common. :)

I went a little crazy and started putting a business plan together for a food truck... what goes into the recipes... how much it costs... containers... population around us... competition... startup costs... I still don't know if I'm daydreaming or serious, but I'm having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!