Wednesday, November 14, 2012

097 - Marval... Marvelous?

It's nice here, but the internet is exasperating. It's... a little slow. And any time I search for cilantro lime chicken tacos, I get kicked off for peer to peer sharing violations. I don't know what's so bad about cilantro lime chicken tacos. They sound pretty tasty to me.

Also, our internet access code was supposed to expire on the 17th, but it has expired today... which really sucks. Luckily I have a hotspot, but it too is maddeningly slow.

Anyhoo... it is pretty here, and even though it will probably take hours to load, I am posting pics.

A gorgeous thistle on a piece of property we liked in TN. Apparently two other buyers also liked it. Today I put together a spreadsheet, determined that we are going to find something. I have a couple that I think are contenders, but Mike looks for different things in a property than I do. He tends to go for the amount of acreage and size of the garage, while I tend to go for the houses I would want to live in and the whether the land is pretty or not. Yes. He's a boy, and I'm a girl. It's pretty obvious. We fall for the fixer uppers every time, but this time I am trying to be a realist... we like the idea of a project, but when faced with one, we become overwhelmed. I think the reason for that is rural Tennessee projects are much different than suburban Texas projects.


The river outside our window at the RV park. Interesting to watch the tides go one direction, then the water gets still, and in the evening it goes the other way.


The perfect fairy house.



The reflection of the trees in the water was really pronounced today.


Interesting knot, almost looks like a bird or the virgin Mary on the right side. Or maybe I'm just tired.


Like the white rocks interspersed between the tree trunks.


I fixed stew yesterday, thinking it would be ready for dinner. I was woefully wrong... I put it in the slow cooker on high, and four hours later the veggies were still firm. So I let it cook overnight on low, and all day today, and it was delicious. The meat wasn't as tender as I thought it would be, but the broth was wonderful... all the tomatoes disappeared into the sauce, and the flavor of the carrots was drawn out. Yum. I love that stew, and the weather is perfect for it.

No mishaps today, or at least not yet... only an hour and a half to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!