Saturday, January 19, 2013

119 - Fail.

Was going to attempt to make bread and realized I don't have strips of yeast in the cabinet like I thought. So much for being a girl scout. Or trying out my KitchenAid for the first time since I bought it... over a year ago... Unfortunately yeast is a key component of bread so it will have to wait until I decide to go into town again. If I'm lucky they'll have some at the camp store, but somehow I doubt I am.

Other than scooping poop, and waking up to gunshots... again (they love them some duck hunting around here)... my day was pretty unremarkable. Until sunset. Sunset was pretty nice.



And then there was this Dali-esque reflection in our windows that I thought was pretty cool. Hey - desperate times...


Went to town a couple of days ago to return my bluetooth plugin (didn't work on Windows 8), get my check co-endorsed, and grab some groceries. Someday when I go grocery shopping I will have a plan... I'm sure that would work out much better in the longrun. The local Goodwill wasn't very exciting, but I did get two Pilsner glasses for $0.50/ea, and two small round glasses for the same price. Instead of drinking soda in a can, or from a plastic cup, now I can drink it like a big girl. Certain things seemed like a great idea when we started out, like plastic to save on weight and reduce breakage, but Mike's right... plastic just doesn't feel sophisticated. Going to town is an all day thing. It takes about 30 minutes just to get there (17 miles), which isn't so bad except in one spot. It just seems to suck up the whole day, and I didn't want to be crossing the mountain after sunset. Some day I'm going to see what's in all the other directions... there has to be a less arduous way to get groceries. Once I have my car maybe I won't be so hesitant, but the truck still feels unwieldly to me. I'm getting used to it, but parking is still a pain.

The water is still soaking into the ground. The ground had gotten so soft that even pulling forward slowly created ruts under the wheels. I'm talking turtle creeping slow because I was trying not to create ruts. Several days of going to the office to check for mail obviously didn't help. The day I went into town I started to pull forward and went nowhere. Tried again a little more forcefully and still nothing. I had to back up. Yes, I could have put it into 4WD, but I figured backing out would be the more gentle approach.... less mud being slung, and I didn't want to slide at all since I park near the 5th wheel. Now I'm parked on the side. No one has pulled into camp recently so I figure I'm not in anyone's way, and if I am, they can ask me to move. Once the ground firms up I'll put it back where it was. So there.

Watched Taken 2 last night. My big hurrah. Kristy's date night with herself. It was pretty good. There was a part in the beginning that I didn't really watch. They pulled scissors out and I heard screaming. I figured I probably didn't want to know what was happening, but I got the gist - it was bad. Seems like I go to bed around 3-4 am now and get up between 11 and noon. Doesn't matter much as far as my day goes, unless I'm trying to accomplish something outside of the RV, and then it can complicate matters.

Really looking forward to March. I have two potential visitors! Woohoo! And I can't wait to see Mike again. He's going to Austin and Houston before driving back in my car. I don't know how long a break he has in between jobs, so I'm not sure how long he'll be here before he has to head out again. I really, really, really miss him, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the greater good, and he needs to make this trip. I guess in the end, I get something out of it too... my car will be very, very nice to have. And I'll get him next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!