Tuesday, January 29, 2013

122 - The Hubs is Home

After three looooooooooooooong weeks, Mike is home again. And he brought Scout (my car).

I was in an accident over a year ago. This woman who was driving a daycare van came into my lane and I was unable to avoid the collision despite honking and moving over as far as I could. Insurance paid for the repairs but it pissed me off because my car was about six months old at the time... basically brand new. Fast forward to last week when Mike is getting routine maintenance done and points out that you can see the belts in one of my tires, and I only have 16,000 miles on the car. Apparently, the alignment is off and the only way to get it back into camber is to replace the struts. It's barely out of alignment, but it's enough to cause ongoing issues with my tires and those puppies ain't cheap. So I've had to reopen the claim, and I will have to take it to the shop to get an estimate, wait for the inspector to determine that it results from the accident, and then I can take it in to get it fixed. In short, a hassle, and I can only hope she gets it all back in spades... you may think that's harsh, but she lied and said I came into her lane, then refused to speak to the insurance company, so I got stuck paying my deductible (and there were kids in the van who could have been injured because she wasn't paying attention)... and I got stuck paying for the alignment and a new tire - which will hopefully be covered by the claim but there is no guarantee.

Yesterday we ran around town for most of the day, then to kill time we went to a state park. We thought we'd walk a trail and take pics then head back to the car and go to dinner. What could go wrong?

It seems impossible that a trail can be uphill all the way. It's confusing when a trail is multiple choice and you don't know which option to take. It's disconcerting when your trail turns into a logging road then disappears. It's cause for concern when the sun starts to set and you're still in the woods. It sucks when you finally find a road and have to walk down it for about a mile before you get back to your car. Sucks even more when a park ranger stops to talk to you but doesn't offer you a ride. Even after you mention you are lost.

So we were tired... and a little cold... but we made it out and headed to dinner at Wentzell's. Oysters were good, the rest was eh. Today we ran more errands and had lunch at a cool Thai restaurant in town. Food was good, owner was awesome, we got a free bottle of saki. Got our hair cut... I miss Missy... Went to a winery run by another awesome lady. They have lemon wine and cranberry wine. Lemon is my new favorite.

And now it's picture time:







This was our plug... documenting it for insurance but never posted it...


Birds nests



Mike got some good shots of the water fowl this morning







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!