Thursday, February 28, 2013

130 - Dreams

Sometimes I look at other people's lives and they seem to have it all. I know they don't, well - most of them, but you know how it is... you have perceptions and misconceptions and they are probably based on things in your own subconscious. We all have our struggles.

All I really want is a life where I have a job that doesn't crush my soul, a home that I can share with my friends and family, and time to enjoy it. A lot of that centers around the kitchen because I love to cook - won't make a career of it, but certainly enjoy entertaining. I miss having a kitchen, although I've never really had a large one. I miss throwing dinner parties. I miss hanging out with people.

Worked more on the business plan today. Getting very close to have a first draft ready for a couple of proofreaders to review. Basically waiting on insurance quotes, and have a couple of sections left to tackle... I saved the ones I was least excited about for last. I probably shouldn't have, but I did.

Will get to see my parents, and my friend Stacy soon. Our friends Chris and Raquelle will also be in the area soon. Very excited to see them and discuss the business, they're cool people and we've all been trying to figure out where to go from here, searching for something that gets us out from under other people's thumbs. We seem to have similar hopes and dreams and I think we'll work well together. And even though I'm not happy about the reason, since it's because my grandmother had a stroke, I can't say I'm not happy that I'll get to spend a little more time with my family over the next couple of months.

So that's life in a nutshell. The wind never stops, the sunny days are rare, and in a couple of weeks the scenery will change.

P.S. Cranberry wine is good. I'm liking the fruity wines: muscadine, lemon, orange, cranberry. Strawberry and blueberry are pretty good too, but not my faves. I'll probably never be a wine snob at this rate, because I can't tell you what's what beyond pinot grigio tasting of limes. For some reason I remember that out of everything I learned on one wine tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!