Monday, June 3, 2013

140 - Home Sweet Home

Even though it's an RV, and even though it's messy at the moment (we haven't gotten around to putting everything away just yet), it's nice to be back in our own space again. Living out of suitcases is no way to live. To me anyway. Also nice to be back in TN. Home. We didn't even have any incidents this time. Well okay, one of the jacks didn't fully retract at first, but we caught it before we got too far down the road, and apparently we didn't damage it because we're level.

I am so excited about our house. I'm also a little nervous. Sometimes the enormity of what we're doing knocks the breath out of me and I wonder if we made the right decision. We're starting over. Not completely, but mostly. Most of our friends are back in Houston, but we're lucky to have made a few out here on previous trips. And then the fear recedes and I'm happy with our choice. The excitement comes back... the house, what we can do with the land, a life in the country - which is both simpler and far more difficult than where we come from. Anyway, we have a lot of work ahead of us, but it will be a labor of love.

Went outside a few minutes ago to grab something from the car and there were so many lightning bugs out there. I was lucky enough to have one in my backyard in Texas, but there have got to be about 20 out there. I tried to video it but the quality wasn't good and for some reason I can't figure out how to save the file. Trust me though, it's awesome, and if I can make it happen, we will have a yard full of ladybugs, lightning bugs, hummingbirds and butterflies... assuming, of course, that none of those prey on the others...

Well, it's been a long day and I'm exhausted. We finally found a spot where the satellite will work so I'm going to enjoy an episode of Longmire and probably hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!