Tuesday, June 18, 2013

154 - The Rollercoaster at Kristy and Mike's House of Horrors

So in my last blog post, everything was hunky dory...

You may have noticed there hasn't been another post since...

You may have postulated why...

As soon as everything seemed to be coming together, the curveballs started coming fast and hard.

First, Mike passed the majority of the pre-employment testing with flying colors. Unfortunately, his heart rate stayed 2-10 beats per minute higher than was acceptable. So it's not a "no," it's a "no for now." He will be re-tested in three weeks, in Tennessee this time, and if his heart rate comes down this time, he will have a job. If not, he will have to get a release from a cardiologist in order to get the job. I'm slightly worried because his heart rate has always been high, but mostly I think it's our sedentary lifestyle and frequenting of restaurants for the past year that is the problem.

We went to the store and bought healthy stuff... salads, sandwiches, veggies and chicken. For breakfast we are having Rose's fruit and yogurt concoction with walnuts. And yesterday evening we went for a walk around Granville. I have the blister on my foot to prove it... I don't have walking shoes with me. That's pretty much the plan... drink a lot of water, get active, and eat at home/eat better.

So for the next several days, Mike is headed to Alabama, in fact he just left. He will be helping my cousin with his concrete business. That will help us augment what money we have left and should get us by until the proceeds from the sale of my house and/or the roustabout job comes through.

Second, the closing on my house slipped from the 24th to the 1st of July, possibly the 2nd of July. That turned out to be the worst news of all because the seller would not sign another extension. We think he has another buyer interested and got tired of dealing with our delays and conditions. I don't blame him, but from our perspective that doesn't stop it from sucking. We've invested money in this house, but more, we've invested what little hope we have left. Yes, we would have money (since we wouldn't have to use our new savings as a downpayment), but we probably won't find another owner finance situation with a house and land as nice as this one.

Luckily, just this morning, we were able to find the money, and we are going to close on the 28th at 2 pm. And, I guess there are no hard feelings, because the owner said as soon as we have the funds in the bank and a firm closing date, we can start moving things in if we want to. I've also worked a similar deal which helps my buyers and us. They're paying a prorated amount and I'm handing the keys over early. For us it helps offset the cost of my mortgage for the days I wasn't expecting to pay for, for them, they are anxious to be moved in before the wedding. If I didn't know them, and if they weren't definitely approved, I wouldn't, but she's a good friend and I feel like this is win-win.

This process is exhausting. The constant shifting dates and uncertainty... the scheduling and rescheduling... the logistics of it all... it's all very stressful. Sometimes what will be, will be... and sometimes you have to force it. I know we were meant to be here, it feels like home and has since we stepped off the plane. While I usually look for signs that things are meant to be, I think sometimes you have to prove you want it. I think we've proved it. Fucking hell, we've paid the price and then some. I have to believe that from here on out, things are going to get easier.

So that's the update... hopefully nothing changes (unless it's for the better).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!