Monday, August 12, 2013

180 - And more of the same

We picked the truck up on Saturday.

From the third Dodge dealership.

And the a/c is cutting out again.

So if you're keeping track, that's a dealership in Georgia, one in Mississippi and one in Kentucky... all of them say it's fixed... but it's not. And it is still doing the 3,500 RPM hangup act because they all say they can't replicate that issue, and so it has never been addressed. At this point, what do we do? We've wasted time and money trying to get it fixed and no one finds the root cause of the issue, they just slap a flimsy bandaid on it and send it back to us. The last two repairs were at Dodge's expense, but there is a cost in not being able to drive your vehicle, there is cost involved in going to and from the dealership in two vehicles to drop it off and pick it up, there is cost in buying kits to charge the a/c in an attempt to get it working while you're on the road, there is a cost involved when the shifting issues dramatically reduce your gas mileage. Not to mention the frustration. There is a high cost in frustration.

So that's what Mike and Jason have been dealing with today.

Me?  It was raining and I couldn't mow so I spent most of my afternoon in the basement trying to sort through the mess. I actually made progress, but if you didn't know what it looked like before, you wouldn't see that I have. There are piles of garbage bags and empty boxes, and piles of things I'm sorting... electronics... miscellaneous tools... manuals... straps... jars of screws/nails/nuts/bolts. I have much more to do... but I did find the shelves for the entertainment center, so a small amount of progress was made beyond just tidying things up down there.

Afterward I decided I wanted to try the pizza place down the road. I haven't had pizza in a long time except for what I've made myself. Turns out, it's really good. And it will feed me to two or three more days. It's literally five minutes from here but they don't quite deliver to the house, just as far as the crossroads which is just as well, it got me out of the house for a bit and I left some of Mike's TCA business cards on the counter.

Hopefully tomorrow I can mow... I'm not looking forward to it, but the grass is getting high again and I need to cut it.

2 comments:

  1. Memyselfpersonally... I live for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much to take pics of... just more of the same, but I'll try to figure something out

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!