Thursday, October 24, 2013

206 - Gracipoops

Took Gracie to the vet this morning, bright and early (7:30 in the cold early morning). As we suspected, her liver is not functioning well. Most everything else is okay though, some kidney involvement but primarily the liver. She is still producing urine, her temperature was normal, and she was purring and walking around the room investigating while we waited for the results. We're leaving her with them over the weekend so they can force feed her and give her intravenous fluids. I'm happy that the vet doesn't do esophageal feeding tubes because I feel like that's the wrong way to go about it, if stress brought this on, I can't imagine anything more stressful than having a tube shoved down your throat. And Gracie isn't vomiting any more than usual, which mostly happens if she gets hungry, so that is a good sign too. Anyway, we don't know how she's going to do but I have high hopes. I don't want to lose her and I think she's a fighter.

The rest of the day was shopping at WM and doing stuff around the house to keep my mind occupied.

Cool moon last night


Bo finding things to bite, disembowel and shake.


He wants the human food.


He takes naps. I don't know why but this pic makes me thing of Flashdance.


Affirmative - Walter is feline. He loves to play in boxes.


With the heat pump installed, we no longer need the window units. Goodbye window units, hello view! I've missed being able to see the view.


Treats???


Mike installed new floodlights so that we can see more of the front yard at night when Bo goes potty.


They help a lot. :)


And I protected the spigots from the 27 degree weather we're supposed to get tonight.


Mike likes Irish Stew night because he gets the left over Guinness.


I used the fancy Amish carrots.


The purple ones get fancier when they are cut into medallions.


Stew. Apparently Bo thinks he's going to get some stew.


So that's that. Watching Ron White because he's hilarious, and letting the food settle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!