Monday, December 2, 2013

219 - Three Hour Tour

Today was a get-er-done kinda day. Vacuuming... steam mopping... laundry... dishes... bank... Then we took a walk to the back of the property to see what's there. With winter, the weeds have died down a lot and it's a much easier walk. To our (pleasant) surprise, we have a small creek! It's not large, but it had a good flow to it and it's not a wet weather creek, which opens up possibilities for us.

My man, swangin' that scythe


Cool mushroom. A real fungi.


Birch?


Water!


Water!


Water!


Not water. But our house looks like one of those cool houses on a ridge from down there.


Homemade pizza.

Ricotta ruins everything... might make that the name of a cooking blog someday. I wanted to use the last of the ricotta, but it really sucked the flavor out of the pizza sauce. Shame too, because the sauce is my own creation and it is tasty if I do say so myself... tangy, herby, flavorful. Oh well. The dough makes two more pizzas so I know what not to do next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!