Wednesday, August 22, 2012

0072 - Hallelujah

Today we found the i-Ching of Floridian Mexican food: Taqueria Teocali. One woman, one mission, one deliciously limited menu. The salsa was fresh... the closest thing I can cite is Chuy's because theirs has that same bright, fresh tomato-y taste. The fried pork tostadas were delicious and it was just enough food. After all of our searching, this is it... this is delicious Mexican food. You can tell the little old lady who runs the place takes pride in it, the place is clean, the presentation is well done, prices are really good... If you are in the Wauchula area, seek it out and you will not be sorry. Just bring your high school Spanish... she can speak English, but she primarily spoke Spanish.

After lunch we drove around... no real destination in mind except that Mike saw a motorcycle shop and was trying desperately to find it again. We never found it, but we ended up in Winter Haven, which was a really nice lake town. We didn't quite get the thrift shop bug out of our systems the day before yesterday, so we checked out another three stores. The Meals on Wheels Thrift Store was kind of small, but turned out to be the winner, I found a couple of tops that were really cute... and oranges and lemons. If I had thought about it, I would have gotten whatever was cute, in whatever size, and tried to resale it on ebay... but... I didn't think about that until I got home. I'm just really happy with some of the stuff we've found... it's been good. I want to find an old-fashioned ice cream maker, that's the only thing really on my list. The new ones don't cut it... you have to plan ahead, and we don't have a big enough freezer.

Finally found some red clover. My hormones are all kinds of screwed up at the moment and I'm ready to try almost anything. So I'm trying a cocktail that seems to have worked for other women... red clover, fenugreek and saw palmetto. I just know I am not doing anything different, but I keep gaining weight, and I don't like it one bit. I look like a damn egg. It's time for something to change and I'll be damned if I'm going to become anorexic or kill myself working out for no results anymore. My stress levels have gone down, my eating habits haven't changed, I'm probably getting more exercise, and I'm definitely getting more sleep. So... this is my next attempt.

Got some great deals at Tractor Supply. Mike found some work boots that he really likes. The saleslady asked me what my shoe size was, and told me about some hiking boots they got in for $30 that normally retail for about $80... I looked online and they really retail for about $60, but I won't sneeze at half off. They are comfortable, and I need something for all the hiking we've been doing lately... my crocs are slippery... my tennis shoes are okay but they don't support my ankles. These are awesome. And we also found Mike a denim shirt for work... was $22 and we got it for $10. Score.

Dinner was foraged from our supplies... a baked potato, leftover steak, and salsa we brought home from Teocali.

Tomorrow we head for Charleston - woot! Excited to see my family, and excited about Charleston food. Honestly, we're also excited to get the hell out of this cabin... it's depressing. I wish we had our 5'er back, but it's going to be a while, so I am glad we get to spend time with loved ones in the meantime. :)

2 comments:

  1. Now I am craving those tostadas...

    I really love reading about your adventures you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were sooooooo tasty... I can't even begin to tell you. As to the adventures... some times they're more fun to look back on, hahaha... but seriously, we are having a pretty good time right now.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!