Tuesday, July 30, 2013

171 - All Consuming

The website has been submitted to Google, Bing and Pinterest and that should help bring it up more often in searches. I figure Pinterest is a biggie... I know when I'm bored I sit there for hours and pin recipes and pictures of houses and then I get notifications of other people repinning what I have pinned so things go viral pretty quickly.

I also changed things up a little more, redesigned the links, added a gallery and updated the blog. Then I spent the rest of the day trying to get prices so I can finish the bid sheet. It's hard since I don't personally use the products and coverage rates vary, so I'm having to write a lot of formulas to take that into account. But mostly it's tedious.

And I installed a bidet attachment to the toilet this morning. Yes, I did some minor plumbing. Surprise, surprise the damn thing works and it doesn't leak! Sometimes I amaze even me. So bidet... you're probably asking why. Well, it makes you feel cleaner, and it cuts down on the amount of toilet paper. I figure that saves money and it helps minimize what ends up in our septic tank. It was $45 so in six months or so, it ought to pay for itself. That's about all the gratuitous buying I can do for now... I figure anything that cuts expenses is a good move as long as it doesn't cost much to implement.

It rained a bit today but I made it to the creek between drizzles. Even explored a little. Then I overdid it and brought home a large rock. Yep, almost died again.

This little guy almost gave me a heartattack. He was RIGHT next to me but I didn't realize it until I heard a thump and then he scampered by me and into the weeds.


Then I saw red. But I wasn't mad, it was just a cardinal.


More moths. Yeah... I've given up the delusion that they're butterflies.


Mike and I explored the creek once, and this time I went the other way. Not far, but it is pretty and I see where people have been four wheeling down it.




You can see a corn field in the background. This is the part people drive through. It's not bad except that the gravel is slippery and it buries your tires.


Just a pretty branch.


Another moth.


Today's haul. The big rock almost didn't make it back with me. It may not look heavy but it is. And I got dirty. I guess it's time for my monthly bath.



My vase of creek sand.


Was going to grill hamburgers but it started raining so I made patty melts on the griddle instead. This griddle makes me giddy.


So tonight I'm catching up on Game of Thrones, although I think I watched the season finale first somehow... and listening to the birds chirp in the rain. Someone call the cops, me and Gracie are tearing it up in here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!