Monday, August 26, 2013

188 - Things I Did Today

She's back. Oh the things you see when you're sitting on the toilet.


There wasn't really any caulk around the tub. I cleaned a lot of mildew from the tile and finally got around to caulking this morning.


But I couldn't exactly get this part to work. We'll come back to that. And yes, it looks grimy... I sprayed hydrogen peroxide on it, I attacked it with Soft Scrub and I let a bleach gel soak into it. Yes, all at different times. This is apparently as good as it gets.


Mike told me about the foam sealant he bought. It's a one-time use can. So I caulked around the gap between the concrete block and the door frame. Mike will have to shim the door to get rid of the gap at the top. So basically I think he tricked me into foaming around the doors in the basement. Mm-hmm.


Foamed around the gap between the garage door and the concrete block too. Was getting the hang of it so it looks like I know what I'm doing. The picture you don't see is when it squirted out and looks messy... that's on the other side of the entry door...


The space in the middle where stuff used to be.


The basement door lock I changed out and re-keyed a couple of weeks ago.


The space near the washer and dryer that I also cleared out.


The famed dehumidifier. Still ticking.


So once this sets up I have to cut the excess foam away and caulk and I'm done. For now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!