Tuesday, November 5, 2013

210 - Lebanon

Went to Lebanon today so we could pick up a hard plastic box for Mike to ship his things in. Also got a locking doorknob for the basement... won't really keep anyone out if they've gotten into the basement but it will at least delay them and maybe the noise they'd make getting through that door would alert me. Not that I feel like that's going to happen, but it doesn't pay to get too comfy.

Found a good Thai place... not as good as the one in Guntersville or Cookeville but it wasn't bad. It's an option. Also found a cool army surplus store. I always want to get one of everything when I'm at a place like that, but ultimately we just browsed and decided we'd come back later.

Gracie purred yesterday. It's been a couple of weeks since I've heard that and it's one of my favorite sounds. She has also started to stand up when I reach in to pet her, to meet my hand and push into it. And I no longer have to tempt her to eat at all, she nibbles throughout the day and drinks as much as she wants. She hasn't been cleaning herself, probably not producing much saliva yet, so another promising step forward... she has started to lick little spots here and there. I'm so happy that Mike encouraged me to give her more time. There was a day when I was considering having her put down because she was dazed and weak and sitting in her own urine all the time. Him telling me to give her more time is what ultimately led me to bring her home and take care of her here. It's made all the difference.

That's about all there is to say... I'm too sleepy to think of anything else...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!