Sunday, December 15, 2013

223 - Another Sunday

Not much to report today... was colder than I expected it to be and I saw a couple of snow flurries when I took Bo out. More little birds stopped by, and while there is a feeder I also threw some food into the yard because it seems like they prefer eating from the ground.

Made some larb for lunch, it's sort of like the filling for a chicken lettuce wrap. I didn't have ground chicken so I used ground pork, no mint so I used basil, no rice flour so I made my own by toasting some rice and putting it into the blender. It was pretty good, but chicken would have been better.

Bo was running out of food and I ran out of cash (I don't have a debit card for the account with the money in it) so I used what I had on hand and made something for him. I looked online at various recipes and settled on a chicken and rice based dish with gravy. He snarfed it up and wanted more. All in all, it's a little more work but costs less than the tubs of wet food we're currently feeding him, and it doesn't have all the junk in it, so I will probably be doing it from now on. Also going to make some treats and chicken jerky for him. Jerky costs a mint and you can't trust what you buy in the stores these days. I like the idea of saving money and being able to feed him a better quality meal. He still gets the dry puppy food mixed in with it so he's getting the nutrients he needs for his age. So far... his digestive system hasn't rebelled... It's all stuff he's been eating anyway, so here's hoping everything goes well. (fingers crossed)

And other than that, just regular day to day stuff... keeping house, taking care of the animals, keeping my mind occupied as much as possible. Thank goodness for Pinterest... hours of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!