Sunday, February 16, 2014

253 - Officially Redneck

Last night we thought we were going to a party, but found out we had our weekends mixed up. Mike thought he had a plan B, so I finally went to the local video store, and grabbed movies for a girl's night in. Well... me and Bo, who is pretty metrosexual and doesn't mind girly movies. Guess Mike's plan fell through, so we watched Haunter, the least girly of the movies and ended up going to bed early because we were worn out.

This morning Mike went on a rabbit hunt. If we weren't currently out of propane I'd fry it up on the stove, as it is, somehow our propane is gone so we're contemplating frying it in the turkey fryer instead. Ultimately we decided to hold off on the rabbit and we're grilling potatoes; I pulled some of our yummy smoked brisket out of the freezer yesterday... we're having bbq-baked taters. Lemonade from lemons.


Yeah, so Dec 27, I was chatting with Mike and mentioned that I checked the levels while we were walking... we had 50% of the tank left. Today Mike happened to check and it's at 0. Either the tank itself is leaking or the heater installation caused an issue. Or perhaps the gauge is busted, but I tapped on the side of the tank and it sounds pretty empty. In any case, it's no good... It's a lot of money that we don't need to spend. As usual. I'm so tired of bullshit.

I decided to try a homemade dusting recipe this afternoon. It's a mix of olive oil, lemon juice and lemon essential oil. It worked GREAT. The wood looks beautiful, it smells like Pledge, it's cheap, non-toxic and it was handy... I already had the supplies.

And my big accomplishment for the day... I looked up planting dates, put everything into a spreadsheet and organized my seeds. We bought a $25 greenhouse at Tractor Supply the other day and I have seed starter trays that I got from TS and Dollar General. I am ready to garden. Tomorrow I'll start filling up some trays and by April/May the seedlings should be ready to go into the ground. Maybe by then I will have caught up on my gardening lessons. I got off track with the cold weather, but the gardening bug is back.

And I got my camera lens. It makes a huge difference - I love it. So all in all I am happy with the outcome. My camera is awesome. The flip screen would have been cool, but I can live without it. Now I'm browsing Overstock to see what to spend my credit on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!