Sunday, June 24, 2012

0028 - So today is Sunday, huh?

Yesterday, in addition to perusing the local area, we finally got to visit Cyclemos. It's one of those things we've tried to do ever since the first time we came to the area, but they have odd hours and were always closed. I like motorcycles and it was interesting to see some very early models, including Mike's favorite - the Indian. They had about five of them plus Harleys and Triumphs and several I'd never heard of. All in all it was interesting, but my own personal *squee* moment was when I noticed a couple of American Pickers signs scattered throughout the place. I love that show. (Mike hasn't even read this yet and I can already see him shaking his head and giving me that look of disapproval that says, 'you just don't get it... they had Indians... you can't beat that with American Pickers' hahaha)

Music was nice last night. One guy, one guitar, and an audience of about ten people. I made the bbq potatoes and they turned out better than I anticipated... Manwich is not Joe's BBQ, but it was what we had. So we had dinner and a show and it was nice to get out and do things. Then our neighbors invited us to sit around their firepit. It was nice to just sit and talk with people and we had a really good time.

Today we perused commercial properties. We've found a couple that piqued our interest and could be viable without too much work. By that I mean we wouldn't have to renovate anything major or start from scratch... we take over, probably change a few things up, and "simply" keep it going. Yes, it will be hard work. Ideally we'd like to be our own bosses, make a decent living, and be able to set down roots here. For once we were pleasantly surprised by something we saw online and not the other way around, and the location seems good.

Made tuna helper for dinner and am watching A Dolphin's Tail as I type. We rented it about six months ago, paused it for some reason, and never got to see the end. Now it's on HBO for 'free'. I'm marinating chicken for tomorrow, jerk chicken. Forgot to get jalapenos and the nutmeg is in the belly of the beast, so I'm improvising a little, but I had most of the ingredients. Slap it on the grill and it should be tasty. Apparently my potatoes got a lot of notice last night and people wondered where they came from. If I could parlay that into a weekend gig here at the RV park that would suit me fine. I like to cook, people seem to enjoy what I cook, and if I get a good reputation, that could only help. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!