Monday, July 2, 2012

0035 - Chomping at the bit

I apologize if this post doesn't always make sense, I'm groggy. Not much sleep last night, and despite an afternoon nap, I'm still not firing on all cylinders.

Today we traveled to Jeffersonville, Indiana to get Mike's teeth fixed. He had one implant that was loose and causing him pain. Turns out that there was an infection so they ended up removing the implant and doing another bone graft. In a couple of months he goes back to get a replacement. It wasn't a terribly long drive (says the passenger who wanted nothing more than to take a nap), but it did take all day. They took us early so we didn't end up having to stay the night.

Along the way we saw and experienced many interesting things.

This was the funniest (had to find a pic on the internet because we went by it too quickly):

Second best was almost ruined by the inclusion of an apostrophe-s... but my imagination is powerful enough to remove the apostrophe-s... so I still giggle.



Our favorite restaurant in Louisville, KY is gone. Red Star on 4th street was a great place, awesome manager, yummy food... and now it's gone. It's just as well, Mike couldn't really enjoy much of anything anyway, so we ended up at O'Charley's. I had New Orleans pasta. It tasted good, but caused me great gastronomical grief which resulted in an unscheduled stop at Walmart. Not my proudest moment. I'm still suffering for it.

We experienced an actual emergency alert bulletin, not just a test. Wasn't for our area, but it spurred us to listen to the weather radio, and when we heard the word "Gainesboro" and "one inch hail" our ears did perk up. We managed to avoid it though, and came home, waiting for rain that never came.

Saw a lot of interesting places that warrant a roadtrip. Mammoth Cave... Dinosaur World... Cummins Falls...

And we drove by yet another housing prospect with a tiny, inaccessible road. We loved the pics, and it was gorgeous, but there was no space to park anything, a sharp hairpin turn on the road leading up to it, and the road itself was narrow and bumpy as hell. Yesterday we drove to three similarly disappointing properties. Then there was the mystery house on Grisham Lane... which apparently doesn't exist. Google Maps can't find it, our GPS can't find it, the listing itself has no map. Supposedly it's somewhere here in Granville. Maybe it's a Tennessee Brigadoon. In any case, we were glad we didn't put Hannah and Tony on the case, it would have been a waste of their time. Hopefully there is something out there that is all things we want... affordable... gorgeous... accessible... private...

Uncle Bob's is on my shit list. They keep asking when we're moving our stuff (the cars and bikes). I didn't, and still don't, understand their problem. They are getting paid, automatically, every month. I think it's the fact that we have multiple vehicles in one spot, but I don't know what our agreement states so I'm not sure. Anyway, the guy called Mike a few days ago, and I ended up with a voicemail from the woman this afternoon, this time flat out telling us we need to make other arrangements. Screw Uncle Bob. Ernie has once again stepped in to save the day... don't know what we'd do without him, his whole family for that matter.

Job situation is suddenly taking an upturn with two very real possibilities. Can't say more because I don't want to jinx anything, but the stress level is a bit less today (speaking for myself).

And lastly, I think I have resolved my data situation. My data roaming widget is not in the most obvious spot, but I finally found, and enabled it. I still don't have much coverage at the RV park, but now at least when we head toward civilization I get a signal and have a much better shot. Mike kept getting texts and IM's and I was getting pissed because we both have Verizon and I HAD IT FIRST! *stamping my foot* But I digress...

Watching a Ron White special. LOVE Ron White. He's my favorite... he makes me laugh. So... gotta go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!