Wednesday, July 18, 2012

0049 - Dead ant, it's not just part of the Pink Panther theme song

Ants. I hate them. We have giant carpenter ants, primarily in the kitchen area because the slides give them an access point, and well, there's food. No matter how clean I try to be, emptying the garbage on a regular basis, washing dishes, picking up things that fall onto the floor... they still find something of interest. I hate them. Mike hates them. In the past minute I have killed five... excuse me... six, about to be seven... make that eight. For some reason they're extremely active at the moment. Dammit they're driving me nuts. Part of it is the recent rains stirring them up, some of it is the nature of the RV park, being wooded and no gravel or concrete, just dirt. Everyone is complaining about them.

Today we at The Rose Garden in Covington, TN. I wanted catfish. The catfish at the Marina down the road was really good, but they are closed Monday, Tuesday... and Wednesday. So... I chose a random name off the list the GPS provided, and it turned out good. The catfish would definitely pass my mom's sniff test - AND the hushpuppies were also delicious. Mike and I both subbed fried squash for the coleslaw, I was expecting pan-fried, Mike was expecting the battered and fried disks that came out, except he prefers thinner slices. Fries were exactly what I expected, neither good nor bad. So I consider The Rose Garden to be a success. We also split a piece of chocolate pie, and it was *almost* like my grandma's, which is a compliment. This place says Home Cooking and they mean it.

After that we went to Edgar Evins State Park. It was a nice place, but it doesn't translate well to film, and it was drizzly and slick along the trails, which were pretty rocky. The trails also weren't marked very well, in terms of signage telling you where to find them. We found a couple of them and started down one... which one we don't know, because the sign didn't specify. So we walked a little, then drove around a bit, saw a cardinal and a couple of deer and headed home via Cookeville.

That's about it for today... Tomorrow we are going to clean house and start stowing things in preparation for our trip to Huntsville this weekend.

Pics...

Marina. The boat ramp was STEEP... I would hate to back my truck down that.




I call this one... I Want to Live. It's hard to see it, but most of this tree is floating in the air and two of the roots have been amputated.



This pic looked more interesting after I did a color correct, so I decided to keep that version.



Dam.



We see deer on the side of the road a lot around here, most bound off into the woods when we stop, but some just stand and look at us with their ears twitching, nothing else moves. This one stayed put while I took a few pics. Wish I could have gotten closer, but the more I zoom, the more pixelized it gets.


2 comments:

  1. hahaha, I always giggle. Especially if I can get my mom to say it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!