Friday, July 27, 2012

0055 - Picture Page

I attempted to set up the satellite this afternoon, but south is blocked by a ginormous tree, so I have to wait until Mike gets home so I can climb up the ladder and try it on the roof. If I have to suffer through one more day of retirement television, I'm going to go batshit crazy.

I worked most of the day, so not much to tell, but I did get out and about this afternoon to explore a bit with my camera. I wish I had snapped the butterfly... but I got greedy and wanted a closeup; in the meantime it flew away. Heard a hawk, saw a hawk, no good shots. There's always tomorrow.

This is what I did get (if you click on them they get much, much bigger and you can see details that maybe make some sense of my rambling):

Hello there Mr. Squirrel. Flattening yourself is a nice tactic, but I do still see you.


...still see you...


There is Spanish moss everywhere around here. Sometimes, depending on how many trees are around, it's like it's raining moss. It just doesn't transfer well to film... I tried... So I ended up snapping this because it sort of looks like a wedding bouquet. Use your imagination... think harder... harder... squint... Okay, you got it!


Birdie! And it has something in its mouth... a bug? A leaf? I don't know. I couldn't get any closer and every time I zoomed in more, he went out of focus.


Yep. More dragonflies. I like 'em. Live with it.


Flower... there wasn't a lot to take pics of. Bear with me.


Just thought this was pretty.


This was also kinda pretty. Their garden could really use some maintenance. There are quite a few vines covering everything, and did you notice the Spanish moss? Did you? I wasn't sure.


Something about these clouds reminds me of a Disney movie, they're so perfect and fluffy. Anyway, it's a cool mirror image I got when I was trying to capture a bunch of pink dragonflies that were flying around along the water line.


This is a cool stripey dragonfly on the branch of a tree. Luckily he posed for me as it took me quite a while to find him and get him in focus. That's why dragonflies are so cool... butterflies are flighty (pardon the pun) and won't stick around.


Got a pink dragonfly... not a very good pic, but an interesting one. Something about it reminds me of the 60's... not really, I wasn't alive in the 60's, but you know...


So this is the best I could do to capture the way the moss looks... soft and wispy. Ignore that it's full of chiggers, that takes the romance out of it. We're focusing on soft and wispy.


Was going to get a closeup of the flower, but there was a rather large spiderweb spanning the covered bridge that led up to it. Now... I could have taken a stick and removed the web... but I didn't think it was a nice thing to do. I used my zoom instead. Maybe in the morning I can get a picture of the web if there is dew on it, it's rather impressive. Thank goodness I didn't see a spider... web that big... probably made by a pret-ty big spider. Eep.


The way the light played across the bark was purdy.


Bark. Yes. I like trees... roots... bark... leaves... trees. I like 'em... shut up.


Mike would call this an itty bitty baby frog. You'd have to hear it from him to appreciate how adorable that would make this frog, but since you can't... look - there's a leaf for perspective. It was tiny.


Vines covering a tree. It was interesting.


Radioactive flowers! hahaha This is where the butterfly taunted me. Cruelness. Nobody likes it.


Cool seed. I made it sepia because that makes it artistic. Go with it. It's Friday and I don't feel like arguing. :) Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!