Saturday, July 28, 2012

0056 - Adding Insult to Injury, and Other Euphemisms That Happen to be True...

Euphemism 1 - Flushing money down the toilet - We bought this stuff to clean the toilet, it doesn't hurt the enzymes in the black water tank, it won't harm the finish, and it was supposed to be easy peasy fresh and squeezy. You just... squeeze it into the toilet bowl, let it sit for 15 minutes, and it does allllll the work. Ha. You've heard of flushing money down the toilet? It can happen. That stuff didn't do anything other than keep us out of the bathroom for 15 minutes and it smelled like a urinal cake.

Euphemism 2 - Adding insult to injury (but not necessarily in that order) - Yesterday afternoon after Mike got home, we were going to move the satellite onto the roof of the 5'er in an attempt to gain southern exposure. After assessing the situation, Mike determined that, even on the roof, we're screwed because of the beautiful tree next to us. I almost cried... But before he came to that conclusion, I began to disconnect the cables and the cord that powers the satellite dish. I don't really know if there's an easy way to do that... I just pulled on it, and in the process, my thumb flew up and smacked the rim of the case. Almost immediately the joint of my thumb began to get puffy and it hurt. Another reason to cry... So I wrapped it in my shirt to keep pressure on it. It began to hurt and throb and I went to the special place I go when I'm trying not to freak out... I have this phobia about fingers and pain. All last night I kept it wrapped in a paper tower... life is hard without opposable thumbs...

My tomato plant is growing like a weed! Pretty soon I'm going to run out of holes to raise the grow lights. The basil is also doing well. I used some the other day in a salad with some cherry tomatoes I cut into small disks, kalamata olives also cut into small disks. 'Tis tasty. The jalapeno plant is small and not growing very quickly, but it's still very much alive. Nothing else is really growing. I didn't mention that the first time I attempted to raise the grow lights, the whole mechanism came off and amputated my tomato plant... Talk about upset... But I thought, what the hell, and I took the pieces and put them in the grow medium where the spinach and arugula used to be... since they didn't sprout... now I have two tomato plants, maybe three... the original plant looks dead, but the stalks are still green so maybe they'll put out shoots. Never underestimate a plant's determination to live... I thought my plum tree and the ficus were dead at various times, and they are thriving.

Need to start putting things away in preparation for departure tomorrow. The thing that sucks is I never thought I'd have to pack again... but since we'll be leaving the RV at the shop, we'll need clothes, linens, towels, cat stuff, toiletries... dammit... I know we're going to forget something. I also need to make reservations for a cottage... Okay... gonna get on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!