Saturday, September 1, 2012

0077 - Reunion

We traveled from Augusta, GA to Shreveport, LA on Thursday and while we saw several tree service trucks, generators, and FEMA convoys heading toward the Mississippi/Louisiana border, we didn't encounter terrible weather ourselves. It was grey and overcast the whole way, and it began to sprinkle as we neared our destination, and... the wind was blowing pretty hard, but the rain never became unbearable, it was more like a steady drizzle. All in all it was an easy trip, as far as ten hour jaunts go.

Mike's family is very welcoming. This place is amazing. I'm not going to post a lot of pics of the house because this is a public blog, but suffice it to say that Dana and Hunt have done an amazing job with this place and it feels like a resort - still homey and inviting, but surreal. I want their summer bathroom... a tub in a screened-in porch with rattan (I think) blinds you can pull for privacy if you need to. I would have never thought of it on my own, but I love it. And I want their pool kitchen. It's all nice, those are just my favorite two places in a house so I'm a little biased. We're having a great time catching up, exploring, and meeting relatives that tell stories about Mike's past. There is a band and crawfish etoufee... plenty to eat and drink.

It's a small thing, but I love dragonflies. You may have noticed... I'm not sure how you could have known, but people seem to figure it out somehow (that's humor... I'm trying). This afternoon there was one in the pool. At first I thought it was a wasp, but then I realized it was a green dragonfly flipped on its back and it was trying to get out. I managed to get it onto my finger, Mike has that picture, and then onto a bush, which is the picture I'll be posting. Poor thing couldn't catch a break... after I set it on a branch the wind started blowing and it looked like it was going to rain... it didn't though. I checked later and it was gone, so I think it lived. I hope so. Is it sad that saving a dragonfly makes me happy?

More pictures:

Tracy and Dana (the hostess with the mostest) giving everyone a tour of the grounds.


Dragonfly on the ground


Pretty flowers by the pond


Neighbor's horse running through the field.


My horse whisperer


Zulu, the cutest damn dog in the world.

The dragonfly I rescued.


Just looked photogenic.


Ditto


And... ditto


Pretty sky


Artsy fartsy


Love these trees

I call bull


Finally found a way to get good pics on my camera, so these shots turned out so much better than the ones in my previous post.



I don't know if these are chestnuts or what, but they're pretty


Cute little Shetland pony, vamping for the camera


You're so vane (and I'm so tired)


Never seen a full rainbow before, wish I could have gotten it all in the shot but the camera was locked in the truck (yeah, we had to have a locksmith come out last night - there is no end to our good fortune) and Mike's phone is the best we could do.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!