Thursday, January 3, 2013

112 - Things that made me laugh today

First off - we made it to our new temporary home without incident. That's reason enough to celebrate. We also found an end spot at the park which means I get a nice view of the lake to gaze out at, and no one can block that except people driving by. They even sell propane here, so now when we run out, we don't have to find a Tractor Supply or some other place to get it refilled - plus they purge the air so we actually get a full tank, which helps immensely. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Tractor Supply, but just to get propane it's much more convenient to drive to the store here at the park. It's kind of a hike to get to 'civilization' but they have a lot of conveniences here... a store with decent stuff in it... the propane... a small cafe that has catfish dinners on Friday and ribeye on Saturday. So far, so good.

Now to the things that amused me today:

Curl Harbor. That's right. Name your hair salon after something bad. "Your hair's a mess, where'd you get that hatchet job?" "Curl Harbor..." "Girl, you should have known..." "I know... I know..."

A series of signs pointing down a side road. One sign was for a drag strip. One sign was for a funeral home.

A commercial for someone whose last name was Pippin. Which I heard as Pimpin'.

So tomorrow Mike heads to the airport. I get to drive the big beast back from the airport. Like it's a treat or something... more like I have to drive it. Not looking forward to either of those things... Mike leaving, or having to drive that truck through Huntsville. I'm hoping by nine traffic calms down and/or is headed the other way, and that most of the roads are as lightly trafficked as the ones we drove in on today. I don't think I'll have a problem with the last few miles of road to get here, I just have spatial issues with Rammy. He has a very large ass. At least it's daytime so I can use the cheat mirrors to make sure I'm in my lane. Driving at night sucks because I just have to trust that I'm between the lines.

I'm glad we're here. It's nice to settle for a while. To take a break from making plans and just let things fall into place for a while. We need a reset period to figure out which direction we want to go, and almost all offers are on the table. So I'm looking forward to exploring our options, and maybe finally attempting to write again. In the last couple of days I've started getting random ideas and feel like maybe I can start to play around with them and see where it goes. All this time I've had off up to this point has been about survival and I haven't really been able to relax and enjoy it like I was supposed to. Hopefully that tide is turning now that we have a homebase and money is coming in again. Fingers crossed.

After I drop Mike off my next step is to call the Allstate inspector so we can get our RV repaired. Microwave... that'll be nice to have again... Fridge... will be good to power it with electricity instead of LP... Self-leveling jacks... they're acting up... My laptop... the speakers are screwy now... couple of other little things. I think all the electronics on the right hand slide need to be looked at since that's where the microwave and fridge are, and they got fried. That's just my thoughts. I've used the washer/dryer to do three more loads of laundry and it seems to be working, no more weird burning smells so I still want someone to look at it, but I think it's okay. And I have to send the satellite off to get it repaired, which sucks, but at least we can get network tv through the antenna in the meantime. Having no tv really sucks... paying for cable and not being able to use it also sucks... They have wi-fi at the park so I can at least watch the online cable channels like HBO and Encore. Better than nothing...

Alrighty, time to head to bed and try to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!