Saturday, January 5, 2013

114 - A day

The adjuster came by today. He took pics of the microwave, fridge and plug then wrote down a couple of items like the satellite and washer/dryer. He told me to make a list of the 'little things' that were damaged as well. I don't know if the check is cut based on that visit, or if there is further investigation into it. I'm supposed to hear from a couple more people and then I can contact an RV service to see about getting things repaired/replaced.

I finished rearranging the RV this morning, finding homes for things. In every home there is a 'perfect' place for everything, and when you find it the house just feels better... that's where I'm trying to get to. I now have a coffee station set up on the dining room table, found homes for most of the appliances so I don't have to drag them out and put them away anymore, repotted my rosemary, did surgery on the bamboo. It's feeling much more homey in here now. Made a sandwich for lunch and a salad for dinner. Now I'm watching tv... there really isn't much on network tv anymore and I really miss my satellite. I also hate paying for something we're not using, it rankles me. Last night I watched a movie on HBO Go... it really is a sanity saver sometimes.

Used my Christmas money to buy a new laptop this evening. The one I have now has been giving me fits. I get a lot of blue screens lately, an IP address conflict pops up pretty regularly, and when I reboot there is something that it thinks is running that's not running, but until I bring up the Task Manager I can't get rid of the message or make the computer do anything but ding at me. Ain't nobody got time for that. I decided to go with Toshiba this time and found a great deal at Staples.com. With rebates, instant savings, my cash back site, etc. it was around $414. The awesome thing is I get 6 mb of memory and it is expandable up to 16, and I will have a 640 GB hard drive now instead of 581 GB. I am pretty sure the processor is faster too. I can also charge my phone with the lid closed... which doesn't sound important, but I can't do that with this laptop, or maybe I can but just don't know how to.

Feels like things are falling into place to some extent. My hotspot works great here, fastest internet I've had in months. And the great thing is, the cabins here are awesome, so if people feel like taking a vacation out here, it's actually feasible. The water is gorgeous, nice and relaxing. I haven't taken many pics, but here are a few:

Coffee station for Mike


Kitchen looking toward the living room


Gracie being all cute and curled up on the couch with me


Kitchen appliances and bar with paper goods storage above. I love the produce basket too, it keeps everything where I need it without adding clutter.


New configuration with couch facing the tv. It puts the heaviest object in the center of the RV which I think stabilizes it, plus those windows used to mostly be blocked by the recliners so it lets more light in. The corner that you can't see would make a great place for a plant. And I have shelves by the wall that let Gracie get to her litterbox through the cat door but also gives us a place to put a lamp and sit drinks down.


Recliners are where the couch used to be. It's a little crowded, but about the same as they were on the other side and now Gracie has another perch to look out the window.


The bedroom. Nothing has changed but I figure you're curious about the RV now. King-sized bed, a closet, the w/d is behind the wooden door and we have a built-in dresser at the foot of the bed.


TV with fireplace underneath.


Stove and microwave. Very small and inconvenient pantry... I need to figure something out to make it more functional. Things just get lost in there.


It's blurry, but this is the view we have. If you followed it around to the right there would be a playground, and continue following that and you have the clubhouse you can see through the living room window (pic of the sofa). The cafe is within walking distance straight down our row. I have to drive to the dumpster, it's not far, but when you're carrying a trashbag it isn't walkable, and the office is a little too far to get to on a cold day.


So you see, I don't have it too bad here. I know when you say you're living in an RV people form impressions that may or may not be true. We decided that since we were going to be spending a lot of time in the RV, we wanted something nice and homey, that didn't feel like an RV. It was good before, but I think with the tweaks I've made in the last couple of days, and things we've done in the past, it's even better. Once I find solutions to some of the other issues I'll be even happier. Storage is the biggest issue we have... for clothes, for food, for miscellaneous things. We improve it day by day, but there's a finite amount of space so eventually it is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!