Sunday, September 22, 2013

194 - Le Sigh

Time is a funny thing. When you're really excited about something it passes slowly, and when you dread something it flies by. This week was pretty much a fly-by.

This morning Mike left for Huntsville. Very familiar feeling except that I didn't have to drop him at the airport this time. As usual when he leaves for a deployment (though really, he has five weeks of training first so he hasn't quite left yet), I spend my day cleaning and organizing and keeping to myself (which isn't hard out here). So I put together some clothing and shoe racks to help us get things under control in the basement, and I've been putting things away that we brought in from the RV. The RV is empty now, so I'm just waiting on the bank to come pick it up... not that they've contacted me or anything. Surprisingly only American Express seems to be concerned that they haven't received my payment, they call about five times a day... guess that'll stop soon.

Bo is contentedly gnawing on a bone under the coffee table, and Walter is curiously observing him. They play together, but Bo is still a little rough sometimes. I didn't realize it until today, but he's only about six months old... he's going to be a big boy. He reminds me of my cousin Jeremy, so big that you forget how young he is.

The other day we stopped at the city park, I figure mom and dad will probably walk there when they come to visit. I took a few pics. I really like our little town. Fall is already on its way... some of the trees are starting to change color, mostly the yellows. This morning it was 50 degrees out and it's still pretty cool out there. It's nice to know that I'll be able to get heat in the house... hell, it's nice to know that we will have income again, it was dicey there for a while.

This amused me.


Our covered bridge.


Can't wrap my head around RBS as a resort town, but the B&B's are still nice.


Cool tree root, almost looks like a footprint.


Side view of the bridge.


Old timey fire hydrant?


Pretty flowers on the banks of the stream.


Big ass cicada killer. I don't know if they sting or not, but they are imposing.


A Walter ball.


Sweetie Pie moved on. She apparently had a beau, and her beau had a collar. After a couple of days with us not feeding them, they went on their merry way. We're going to put up a fence to keep the strays out... I want to be able to enjoy my yard and let Bo out without worrying about him wandering off (usually not a concern) or being attacked. So far our strays have been friendly, but you never know... and either way it's a pain in the ass. Two months with nothing and then we had two kittens and two dogs wander up... enough was enough.

1 comment:

  1. I totally could not "safely" sleep like Walter does just there... no way. He just makes it look cute though. Love that little ball of fur. Miss all my furry babies already... even Bootsie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!