Monday, January 6, 2014

233 - Frozen in Thyme

My day in pictures:


Frosty bathroom window looking out onto a winter wonderland.


The Bermuda triangle. They called today and said that instead of today, they'd most likely come get the RV on Wed or Thurs. I thought that was probably a good idea.


Bo has the right idea.


The Magnolia is one of the few trees that still has leaves on it and therefore has become a haven for several species of birds. Hopefully next year we'll have bird houses for them, too.


The road less traveled.


Bo didn't seem to mind the snow... to a point.


Signs of life


Bo life.


Birdie food. I scraped the snow off and let some seed fall to the ground so they could get to it however they chose.


A birdie. If you play Angry Birds, he looks like the one that explodes like a cannonball.


UPS actually came today. He had a hell of a time backing into the driveway. I thought I was going to have to put cardboard under his back tire to help him get some traction but he finally made it. Poor guy, I figured they would take a snow day. Didn't see much traffic on the road today, just the UPS truck, another truck that sort of slid around as he went up the road, and a 4-wheeler who practically taunted death.


Back of the property was nice and powdery.




Some lady's pics of frozen bubbles have been all over the internet today so I thought I'd give it a go. I don't know what magic solution she used, but I had a hell of a time getting a bubble to settle to the ground without popping, much less freeze once it landed. And even that bubble ended up wilting in the wind. So I don't know what voodoo she used to get hers to last overnight, long enough for the sun to start to melt them.


I even revamped my bubble solution. I ended up flinging the wand to the ground and got these pitiful little bubbles. Oh well. So much for that. It's too cold to stand out there for very long (2 degrees with a -13 windchill).


Gonna be another cold one tomorrow. So far, so good for today, I still have water running in a thin stream from each of the faucets to keep a flow and I haven't had any problems. And it's nice and warm in here. After tomorrow it should warm up out there, too. We will be back in the 50's. Crazy.

4 comments:

  1. Cute dog!!! I am glad you are staying warm my friend, it is cold in the world (well, not the whole world) tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so photogenic it's pathetic. And I know you're laughing at me, this is probably a warm day in Canada! haha... brrrr.

      Delete
  2. Cool bubble! Do you need to warm the soap first to make it do that? I know it's hot water that you throw in the air to make snow, wasn't sure about the bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't warm it first. I was trying to replicate some pics I saw and this was just pitiful. I was hoping they'd turn glassy like hers did but she must have used voodoo to create her magic bubbles.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!