Monday, July 9, 2012

0041 - Doo-Dah and Picture Catch-up

You try coming up with interesting blog titles... And by the way, I finally got around to downloading pics from my phone and Mike's camera. If I don't find a camera soon I'm going to break down and buy another one because my phone has been highly disappointing and there is so much to photograph around here.

So... today I made yummy pasta with Amish made noodles and some tomatoes we got at the farm market. A couple of cloves of elephant garlic, a couple of nice juicy tomatoes, half an onion, lots of salt, olive oil and butter. Delicious. Dinner was chile pie. Simple but good. And we didn't eat out once today! Woo-hoo!

Then we ran errands in town... made some phone calls... mailed some mail... made a deposit... Boring stuff. Except that I got one phone call to let us know that we won a $75 gift card to Camping World, and a free 3-night/4-day stay at an RV park in Huntsville, AL. Yes, we have to attend a 90 minute sales presentation for a timeshare, but as luck would have it - we needed to be in Huntsville because one of Mike's buddies is coming home from the Middle East. So it was somewhat fortuitous, and we can spare 90 minutes.

After that there was a spontaneous detour to Cummins Falls State Park. Been wanting to stop in. We've driven by it a few times, and anything with a waterfall makes me happy. It isn't a very large park, but you can take different trails to go to just the viewing platform, or all the way to the falls themselves. It's free to go in, which is also nice. We may go back, the trails go up and down the mountainside and it was a good workout. Sort of a juxtaposition between relaxing and invigorating. I was a little jealous... there were people swimming and it looked so refreshing... it's fuh-reakin' hot out there.

Wow! Look! Pictures!




Mike shot this and I thought it was interesting. There were several versions but I liked the contrast between the vegetation and the rock. That's my docent speech for the evening.


Love the roots. We stayed there for 15 minutes taking pictures from different angles.







Fallen tree with branches sticking up. Looks like a wooden flower.


Mike took this one too. I wonder if he was thinking what I am thinking. Cuz... I call this picture... Trees Having Sex. You're welcome.


So... going back in time... this was Catherine's Landing in Hot Springs, AR.


This tree has a weiner.



And this is us cruising around the backwoods of TN... looking for property... connecting the dots...


Seen lots of these... on the side of the road pretty close by. This one was off in the distance a bit. It sat there patiently posing while we wrestled the camera out of the case and got everything sorted out.


Heading toward Granville there is water everywhere. It's gorgeous. This actually doesn't do it justice but we keep forgetting to take a picture when we're driving over the bridge.


Mike was in seventh heaven at Cyclemos in Red Boiling Springs. For me, it was neat to see all kinds of older motorcycles.







Indian fire extinguisher. That's Indian motorcycle, not Native American.  (just making sure)


My happy, smiling hunny.


A bridge between Kentucky and Indiana.


And last... and least.... the worst nachos I've ever had. Or as I call them... nacho soup. Who would even serve that? But this is typical of what we've been experiencing when we try out a new Mexican restaurant out here... *sadness*


I'll try to be better about posting pics in the future. :)






5 comments:

  1. If you click on the pics they are bigger and you can see better... just in case you didn't figure that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pics!!! YAY!! And things that enlarge... awesome! (staying inline with above theme ridden text... hehe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things that enlarge *are* awesome. :) Perv.

      Delete
  3. Nice photos... except for the last one. That looks like it was eaten before it got to you. Ewwww! They call that nachos??? Girl, you need to find a Gringo's, Jimmy Changas, or even a Case Olé... QUICK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate some of it before I took the pic, but honestly - it didn't look much better before that. There were chips hiding under that "cheesy" liquid. Somewhere. There is a Chuy's in Nashville... I think next time I get a craving for Mexican that's where we're going...

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!