Wednesday, July 11, 2012

0043 - Torrent

It rained last night. It rained again this morning. It may rain again this evening. That's okay, we need it. Only thing about rain in a rural area... is mud. There's always mud. Mud in the truck. Mud on the steps. Mud in the entryway.

We finally got to eat at Clippers and it was the best meal I've had in the Cumberland area. Just simple burgers and fries, you grab your drink out of the cooler and pay at the counter. They have such odd hours that we've been trying for weeks and they were always closed.

After lunch it was on to Cookeville. We scheduled some maintenance on the Dodge. There was a tie-rod recall that was supposedly taken care of and... it wasn't. So we're dropping it off on Friday for that.

And we found a Kroger. As much as I love small town markets... I love me some Kroger. They've got brands I recognize. They've got red leafy lettuce. They have So Delicious coconut milk. They have pancetta. We went a little crazy... I admit it. Dinner was easy as a result... rotisserie chicken, olive bread I threw into the toaster, hoppin' john from a can, and cucumber slices mixed with a feta dressing. For dessert I'm going to make this "ice cream" because it sounds good and it is healthy.


Looks tasty, doesn't it?

I'll let you know how it goes. :)

2 comments:

  1. Well?! How was the dessert? ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dessert was awesome! The bananas didn't freeze all the way so it was more like a smoothie than ice cream, but it was very tasty and next time I'll plan ahead where the bananas have more time. Could try it with any fruit... strawberries... peaches... cherries... yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!