Sunday, July 29, 2012

0057 - Big bird

Went out to drain the tanks so I could do a load of laundry - yes, I have to do that... often. On the way back in I thought I lucked out and saw the three deer from yesterday grazing a few yards away from the 5'er. Squee! So I rushed (quietly) inside to get my camera. When I zoomed in, I realized they weren't deer after all, they were birds. Huge birds. Birds I would not like to piss off. (I wear glasses dammit, leave me alone, the white feathers sort of looked like fawn spots)


I'm starting to pack things up... I don't know where we're going. I called seven parks yesterday, but since it's the off-season, none of them were open on a Saturday. Our service appointment is at 9:30 am on Monday, so unless Mike gets a day off (not likely), we need to drop our 5'er off this evening... which means we need a place to stay tonight. Not all hotels take pets, and Gracie isn't easy to sneak in, so I don't know what to do and am sort of panicking... The only place I managed to get ahold of only rented by the month. There was another one they suggested but it was an hour from Mike's worksite, so was the hotel the guy at the RV place mentioned. At this point, I can't even get the repair place on the phone to change our appointment.

Went out to see if I could get photos yesterday and this is all I got...

This kind of gives you a better idea of the sort of otherworldly quality of the moss when the sunlight hits it and it turns into a shimmering blanket. It's all around you so it's a cool effect. Reminds me of a twisted fairy tale... like Legend...


Hope you like squirrels... that's about all that's out there on a regular basis other than mosquitos... but who wants to see pictures of those bloodsuckers?




2 comments:

  1. Those are cranes, but I don't think Sandhills... I'd have to give it a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I know is they look like they're as tall as me, and that's a little disconcerting when they walk right by a window...

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!