Wednesday, August 7, 2013

178 - Wanna see something pretty?

I just think caramelized onions look pretty, and they smell so good.


Started my garden today. I probably stuffed too much into the space, but I planted arugula, mache, pepper cress, spinach, lettuce, rosemary, cilantro and lavender. And I need to transplant some basil tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. I know I have to be patient... but if I woke up tomorrow and saw sprouts that would be awesome!


Couldn't get a closeup pic, but this is a very, very blue bird.


One of the many moths at the house. Interesting looking one. Like a zebra.


and that's it. Saw a hawk this afternoon on the way to WM. It was pretty close to the house but flew away once my car got closer, and just as I was going to attempt to take a picture, it flew from the tree it had taken refuge in. Dammit. 

One more bag of cherries to freeze and I'm done with that for now. They went down to $1.50/lb and I couldn't resist. They're tasty and delicious and I want to have plenty on hand. Someday I want to grow my own. I want to grow my own everything...

This weekend our realtor is supposed to have an open house and maybe that will bring in potential buyers. I'm getting edgy about the house not having had an offer yet, but I'm still hopeful. It's early in the game, I realize that, but school has started now so that slows the market from what I've heard about sales cycles. Anyway, here's hoping. It's a good house, virtually maintenance free... I don't understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!