Friday, August 3, 2012

0061 - Eh.

Yesterday Mike came home early. It was the first afternoon he's had free since we got here, usually he works twelve hour days. Seems like we've been here forever. Sucks for both of us. He's exhausted and sore. I'm feeling dull because there's nothing going on except tv and housework so I don't have much to talk about. When we do go out I would almost rather be home... I can't seem to find anyone that makes food I want to eat. I don't know what there is around here and get frustrated when I try to search for something... I either get too much information, or not enough, but mostly I usually don't know what I want until I see it so it's pointless, and I have no information beyond a name to help me know if it's worth a damn.

I have no transportation, so simple things like buying stamps are beyond my abilities, I can't just run to the store to grab little things here and there - because as big as this place is, they have no store and the closest convenience store is about 5 miles down the road. Mike is good about it, but I know he's exhausted when he comes home, and like I said... I would almost rather be home. I've always been more active during the day and I want to relax in the evenings. I'm a homebody, perhaps too much of one sometimes. I don't have cabin fever yet, though I do get frustrated. In Tennessee we got bored from time to time, but exploring was fun and we had a small social circle going.

There's no one here to talk to, not that I leave the trailer much because it's hot and humid and gross, and the minute I walk out the door I start to sweat and itch... it's not just the mosquitos, there's something else out there, invisible and bloodthirsty and relentless... and there are creepy maintenance guys outside. I went to the office to pay for more days and talked to the ladies up there, and it was the first interaction I've had with anyone other than Mike since the last time I went up front to pay. I talk to people on the phone from time to time but it's not the same. I wish I had my car and I wish we could hang out with our friends every now and then. We were supposed to go to Cocoa Beach this weekend but it looks like Mike will be working... forever. Because of rain delays, personnel issues and red tape, this six day job is growing by the day, and there are no days off. We still haven't taken the RV or the truck in for repairs. I got the name of a lady who *might* have a trailer we can rent for a week or so... no guarantees. Haven't heard back from the park with the trailer with the floor being fixed.

So I got a little off-topic... back to errands... after Mike got cleaned up, we hit the road. First we had Mexican food for lunch. It was the best we've had in months. No cheese soup on the nachos...actual cheese! The meat was tasty! The salsa needed a little help, but when I asked for cilantro and some limes they obliged... that's all it needed. It was a happy day indeed.

After lunch we went to see an acupuncturist. Mike's wrists and hands have been bothering him, which makes it almost impossible to climb. We got a couple of wrist braces for him to wear at night, figured the support couldn't hurt. It didn't seem to help. I called a couple of rheumatologists, one was closed by the time I made the attempt, the other one recommended a neurologist... for potential carpal tunnel? I think not... This guy put three needles in Mike's hands and then told him how to stretch to prevent furthering and/or reverse the damage. A lot of what he said made sense, but I think the stretches were the most valuable part of the visit.

Then we drove. And drove. And drove. And I hate traffic. I felt like crap. I made a chocolate pudding the other night and something must have been off, it was upsetting my stomach in all kinds of ways. I started feeling queasy and weak and dehydrated. I was in a bad mood. Mike had some Gatorade in the cooler so I drank some of that and it helped a lot. I was able to go grocery shopping afterward, and then we ate at Beef O'Brady's. It was a lot like a Bennigan's to me. I  wasn't impressed by my meal, I'm sure they have good food, but my salad obviously came from a bag and I hate that... I got a sangria margarita... it could strip the paint off a wall... it was too syrupy and too tart at the same time. They said it usually comes frozen and that helps with the tartness... why it didn't come frozen the first time, I don't know... so they brought me a frozen one. It was less tart and syrupy, but still disgusting. I got a coke instead. I felt bad for sending it back twice, but I couldn't drink it. I don't know why, but things just don't taste good to me right now.

I ended up getting out of bed just after Mike left this morning. Usually I go back to sleep, but I couldn't, so I got up. I still don't feel right. I was planning on walking down the road to see if I can find some of the trees Mike pointed out... huge trees with twisty, strange limbs the come down to the ground... may be too far away on foot. And it's hot. And it will probably rain. It rains every day, which makes the humidity worse. Taking pictures is about all the entertainment I have that doesn't come from a television or computer. I'm trying to make myself get out once in a while, and I'm trying to get some exercise while I'm at it.

Pictures... Mike got an awesome picture of a tree frog jumping, but it's on his phone so when he sends it to me I'll post it. Other than that:

Interesting rock.


Can you find the butterfly?


Lizard.


Looking up a tree.


Golf.


Sky through the truck's skylight.


Gracie's perch.


Pretty blue eyed baby.


Mike's hand. Ouch. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!