Sunday, February 3, 2013

124 - The Plan, Day 1

So today we started The Plan. We managed to make it through our daily water requirements without issue, and as an added bonus I've gotten a lot of exercise going back and forth to the bathroom to pee. So here are my thoughts...

She claims that people love the flax granola, that they become addicted to it and don't want to branch out when other breakfast foods become an option. I cannot imagine who these 'people' are. The unsweetened coconut milk tastes like water, the granola itself has no flavor so the only way I can stand it is to make sure that every bite also has blueberries in it. Now granted, she also says (and I've heard this before on various diets) that your tastebuds are overloaded from processed foods and will go through a reset period during the first three days, meaning that in the future you will be able to taste flavors you've been missing out on because of all the salt and flavor enhancers. I already miss salt. The best part? The longer the flax sits in the milk, the more this gooey stuff starts to ooze out of it. So, personally, I can't wait to be able to eat toast with almond butter on it. Mike is going to go ahead and do that because the flax was brutal and didn't agree with him. At all. Gonna leave it at that.

Lunch... I spent a lot of time in the kitchen peeling and chopping carrots. It smelled pretty good even if carrots aren't my favorite. I had high hopes. I also put together a salad of greens, pears, sunflower seeds, and topped it with lime juice. And there was the roasted broccoli with orange oil. The salad and broccoli were good. The soup was... well... it was there... in my spoon... It was just bland and didn't satisfy either of us. I was starving before I ate, and once I finished eating, I was still starving. There was plenty of food, I think it's just that there is not enough flavor. Or maybe I didn't eat enough, because she says most people can't finish the food. Am I a freak? I don't know. It's too bad that we don't have rabbits... they would have been in heaven with all the carrot peels I tossed in the trash today.

We had an apple for a snack. It was delicious. Hands down my favorite meal of the day.

Dinner had me back in the kitchen. More carrots. Shredded carrots and shredded beets with lime juice. Can't wait to see what that does to my gut. And sauteed kale 'with vegetables'... shiitake mushrooms... that's what 'vegetables' were with the kale. So I added garlic (which is allowed) and sauteed it, then added the sunflower seeds in the recipe and topped it with diced avocado and spicy coco sauce. The coco sauce has potential, but it needs salt. It was actually good, I like the flavor of it, but it also didn't satiate my hunger.

So basically, we are still hungry... so we had a piece of bread with butter. It's not on today's menu, but it was a low reactive food and I felt like it was a safe option. And we had the other half of the avocado. And Mike is torturing me now with the smell of pizza because he gave in. Caver.

Tomorrow is more of the same pretty much. Tuesday will be a little easier. Each day after that will be better, but I can't wait to eat chicken again. I think I need to eat meat to feel full. And it would be nice if today was a chocolate day... even one ounce would be nice.

Mike's not a happy camper. He usually raves about my cooking, and he's still raving about it, but today it was not complimentary, hahaha. It's nothing I did, we agree it's just a lack of flavor in general. I did my best with what I had. If all goes well I will drop weight. I figure as little water as I was drinking, that alone will get rid of a few pounds.

Interestingly, I had pizza yesterday and this morning I was up three pounds. In a single day. She says that pizza is a bad one for people because the cheese most restaurants use is not really cheese, the tomato sauce has citric acid in it and tomato sauce in general is highly reactive for most people, and the crust has a lot more gluten in it. She said you typically gain one pound for every slice you eat... I ate two and gained three pounds... so as usual I am a bit of an overachiever. Yea for me.

I do not look forward to breakfast...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!