Thursday, February 7, 2013

127 - Uh-huh

Gained 0.2 lbs today, but I did have soda yesterday. I know. I'm a bad person. But I didn't gain more than 0.5 lbs, so I know it's okay to drink soda. For me. You do what you want to do. Mike experienced a similar gain, but he had to eat on the road so it was expected. Could also be that we drank water later than we're supposed to... we drank what we're supposed to, but there is a ten hour period in there where you stop before bed and then sleep. So I'm still happy with the results. I was still drinking water until 11 pm.

I'm so proud of my baby. He's got the difficult task of cooking in a hotel room, but he is determined, and when he sets his mind to something... watch out. Anyway, armed only with a George Foreman grill, a spork, and one of his "pocket" knives, he made this (I supplied the cheese, hahaha):


While I, with a kitchen, a pot, two pans, a cutting board and lots of cleanup to do afterward... made this:


In my defense, the couch cushion leans a little to the left and I didn't know we were taking photos.

I'm also supposed to have a beet and carrot salad on there but I just couldn't stomach it today. It's literally beets and carrots, I usually shred them and add some lime juice and it tastes okay, but it's a lot of work and the payoff isn't so good. If I had my food processor with me I might have tried, but alas, space is limited and yet again... what I need is... in storage. I had a salad for lunch so I decided to just keep some of the cheese (in the amount that I'm allowed) off to the side instead of putting it all on my zucchini as suggested... because really, cheese on zucchini is a little weird to me. And my point is... I could have subbed a salad for the CBS, but... I didn't want to. So there.

Giving myself time to digest and then I'm having my wine and chocolate. Probably going to town tomorrow to get more wine. I have a ton here, but she wants us to drink reds and I'm a white girl. Yeah. In every way a white girl. This is a really tasty red though, and after I drink tonight's glass, it's gone... so you see... I NEED more. Luckily the vinter is just down the road... a ways... a piece... she's a piece down the road...

So the other exciting thing I did today was tour the cabins versus lake homes versus condos so that I can give my friends and family an idea of where they would stay should they come to visit. The cabins are not bad... a vast improvement to the ones in Florida for sure, they're like an efficiency in layout, no door to the bedroom. The lakehouses... I wouldn't stay in one of those unless I had nowhere else to go... they felt like a thin shelled egg, and while the front door locked... there was a door leading out the back that didn't. WTF? I had originally thought those would be the way to go, but they have absolutely nothing going for them other than proximity to the cafe. The condos are where it's at. That's where I would recommend staying, but I'm a creature of comfort if I have a choice. So here are a bunch of pictures.

The cabin:







Screened in porch



Lake house... no view of the lake...





This door leads outside... no lock... no bolt... Not that I've felt unsafe here, but I am a door locker. Not a window licker. A door locker.




Condo porch. The have Swiss Alp looking buildings of four, two on the first floor, two on the second floor. They gave me a key to a second floor condo.










My girl, Scout... just down those stairs... so nice to have her back.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!