Wednesday, February 6, 2013

126 - I'm a Loser Baby...

Mike left for West Virginia this morning. He took the truck instead of flying since I have my car. With the drive to the airport, flight times, waiting around to get through security, etc. it was about the same amount of time but he has more freedom and doesn't have to deal with the TSA. That alone is worth it. Ain't nobody got time for that.

We both lost 2 lbs yesterday, so my total is now 7.4 lbs lost and his is 6.6 (he had pizza and beer and still lost so that's good news for him). I realize the first day's loss was mostly water weight, but still, that's pretty cool. Means we didn't react to any of the foods we ate yesterday, and if it continues we should see about a 0.5 lb loss per day from here on out until we encounter a food that disagrees with us. Since we have the same bloodtype and seem to have similar issues, I'm betting that we will test the same on most foods.

Today was the best day yet as far as flavor and feeling full goes. Lunch was a spinach salad with goat's cheese and roasted veggies. I made my own balsamic vinaigrette that was delicious on both. For a snack I had homemade hummus with carrots. Then for dinner I had chicken, a salad, cucumbers, and roasted broccoli. But the best was yet to come... 1 oz of chocolate... and wine. Wine I say. Delicious red wine from a local winery. It's called Wanted: Dog at Large and I thought it was a port when Mike first gave me a taste. It has that same rich, sweet flavor. Yummy.

Mike has the challenge of trying to stick to The Plan while he's away from home. I packed him up with as much as I could, but there are things he has to do on his own. He surprised me, because as much as he's been griping about the food and lack of beer, I think he likes the changes he's seeing. The surprising part is that he made a trip to the grocery store tonight to get supplies to try to cook some of his own food. It's going to be difficult for him, moreso at lunchtime, but I love the fact that he is determined to try. We both complain about our weight, but the overriding factor is how we feel. I'm tired all the time with a few aches and pains, and he's in pain all the time plus he has insomnia. In a lot of ways I do feel better already, and I am definitely sleeping better.

I know the food makes a difference, but I think hands down, the water is probably the biggest component of it. I can see that neither of us was getting nearly enough water. At least when I had my bathtub, for reasons I can't even explain to myself except that it was cold and I took hot baths, I would drink a bottle of water, and then another bottle or two afterward. Since we've been traveling I haven't really had much, I've been drinking soda and cider. The only thing I am not fond of is being so tied to the bathroom, but I hope that once my water levels adjust, that will taper off... it has to... That said... I need something with flavor in it every once in a while. So once I figure out what fruits we can have other than apples, pears and blueberries, I'm probably going to try making some agua fresca. I hate tea. I tried. I bought some Tazo orange, and I was hoping it wouldn't taste like tea... but it did. Same with the dandelion tea. The only teas I seem to tolerate are Passion and Chai (but I've only had that with milk and honey). I just hate tea. It makes me want to gag. I loathe it. Despise it. Would rather drink my own urine (not really). It's just gross.

I don't watch a lot of network tv anymore, but during our satellite outage I found one program that I am loathe to miss: The Chew. It's fun. I loved Clinton Kelly already from What Not to Wear, but he's even more fun on this show. It's part cooking show, part current events, part game show and pure fun. I also enjoy Steve Harvey from time to time, but don't tell anyone, it's my secret.

So not much happened today really. Gracie saw geese and wanted to get at them. I was in the kitchen almost as much as I was in the bathroom. And I took the trash out. Tomorrow I am going to see if I can tour the accomodations, we tried on Monday but everyone is off on Monday, and then we forgot about it... but yeah, I need to step it up, I have people coming out soon and I need to give them choices. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!