Thursday, July 25, 2013

166 - A Day

Spent all day working on Concrete Angel stuff. First off, I got a bid to compare the new tool to. Found out quickly that a lot of information was lacking and questions needed to be answered. And changes to be made on the fly. Oh well, it's a work in progress and that is how it goes. All in all I think it is working pretty well so far. At least for me.

Then I finished up the website. When I first created it, there were maybe half a dozen pictures and Jason was so happy to have a website that all he wanted me to do was keep adding pictures. Over time the portfolio has expanded several times over and it was becoming a jumbled mess. I think Jason was still happy with it, but I knew I could do better. So, here is the new version, broken into categories:


There are still a few changes I would like to make but I have to figure out how to do it without tearing the whole thing down and starting over... which I absolutely don't want to do... The most tedious part is done, which was putting The Concrete Angel on the photos themselves and organizing the files, choosing the best pics. But still, it was a lot of work and took about a day and a half of continuous work. I'm kind of obsessive about finishing something I start. Rather, if I don't hurry up and finish, I risk losing my momentum and not finishing at all...

So guess what else I did today?

It's creek time!

So in today's episode of The Creek Diaries, Kristy got smart and brought a bag.


Made it sooooo much easier to carry the jars and the rocks and the camera and the Kel-Tec, because it's a wine bag so it has six little compartments there, perfect to carry cylindrical objects like jars. Two quart-sized Masons and one little pint for sand. I needed sand for my carrots. Long story, but if you remember an earlier blog about food storage, that's what the sand is for.

I found all the butterflies. They were hanging out in the creek bed. This is about half of them.


Why do butterflies like trash so much??? I'd rather grow flowers but geez Louise they like trash! I'm tempted to bring a garbage bag and clean this shit up, but at the same time... I don't know where my rubber gloves are.


I know. They're probably all moths.

Our neighbor's paddock. Just looks peaceful. If we had a lawnmower I'm sure our lawn would look exactly like this. Cow might help, too.


Today's haul. The bag was AWESOME!

I still almost died.


A petrified donut. Blueberry I think.


Mike found a few of these the first time we went to the creek, but his were totally cylindrical. They're strange. I wonder what they are but haven't figured it out yet. The one I found today was part of a rock so I'm more confused than ever. Maybe they're petrified bumblebees. If they're valuable please let me know.


The space under the stairs is filling up... part of the space under the stairs... there's more directly under the stairs.

P.S. After I empty my cache, I climb the stairs. The punishment never ends.


Dinner. Pioneer Woman's Cheesy Olive Bread. She acts like it's a side, I decided it was pizza. I had french bread that was about to become moldy, and some green onion to use up, so I sacrificed myself for the greater good. I'm a giver. But I had a salad for lunch and no breakfast.


I should really always bring a camera with me. Even on my trip to town yesterday I found a cool thing I'd never seen before. I was just too lazy to hook my phone up to the computer and download the pic.

The moths around here are hella cool!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!