Friday, July 26, 2013

167 - Nature Calls

I didn't go to the creek today. Fridays and Saturdays are busier than weekdays and I don't really want anyone else to get the same idea I have. So I'll resume my walks on Sunday afternoon.

I made my own bleach gel. I read a blog called One Good Thing by Jillee and the woman is amazing. It's where I got my homemade laundry detergent recipe, and it works wonderfully and smells amazing. So I decided this was cheaper and I had water, cornstarch and bleach right here at the house. I needed something that would stick to the grout and not run because there is a lot of mold/mildew and it's gross. We'll see how it goes.

And when I went to check on how it was going I saw something that made me smile.

A fawn.

Wish I could have gotten better pics but it moved just as I snapped.



And then when I went out on the balcony to see if I could find it and get better pics outside the constraints of the windows, I saw its mom. We stared each other down for a bit before she got spooked.


Tried to embed a video but that didn't work, so you'll have to follow the link: http://youtu.be/0PiXL6Y-LRg

I also saw a hummingbird this morning. Saw one in the back yard yesterday. Can't wait to get the hummingbird feeder up and have the money to buy some more bird feeders. They come around anyway, it's just cool to bring them closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!